Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9379
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Marketing Strategist is responsible for developing and implementing annual marketing plans to achieve the system’s overall business and strategic initiatives. This role will collaborate with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement integrated marketing plans and campaigns that drive brand preference and deliver market share growth, including key service lines, priority programs and services and relevant partnerships and joint ventures. The Coordinator will collaborate with other Marketing & Communication department professionals and other relevant internal and external business partners to execute an integrated approach to developing and implementing successful strategies that drive patient acquisition, engagement and loyalty. This position reports to the System Marketing Manager with next level reporting structure to the System Marketing Director and the Executive Director for Marketing and Brand.
• Work collaboratively across department functions including marketing and branding, marketing technology, consumer insights, integrated communications and community engagement
• Supports the strategic vision of the Department and demonstrates the ability to build and maintain effective relationships across a large complex organization
• Collaborates on the development of strategic and tactical marketing to support clinical areas, ancillary programs and the system as a whole; identifying appropriate methods, tools and vehicles to achieve organizational and volume goals
• Performs tactical execution of marketing initiatives and campaigns; juggling multiple competing priorities maintaining a strict delivery timetable; collaborates with other department professionals, vendors and agencies on execution providing input and creative direction and determining appropriate strategies to reach identified target markets
• Serves as a point of contact to assigned clinical program; works to gain support and influence in support of promotional efforts
• Monitors and tracks market budget for assigned clinical program
• Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing available data; stays abreast of industry trends and benchmarks
• Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data, market information, insights and competitive and industry trends to inform the development of strategic and tactical marketing planning
• Serves as on-call media contact on scheduled basis and supports other team members assisting media when needed. Coordinates media requests in cooperation with media relations team as needed
• Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
• Ability to effectively prioritize, communicate those to key stakeholders, and manage multiple initiatives allocating resources appropriately
• Proven business planning skills and track record of defining, developing, and executing successful marketing programs
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
• Strong understanding of the digital landscape including SEO/SEM/SMM; experience leveraging CRM (Salesforce ideal) and automated marketing tools as well as email marketing and direct mail
• Strong customer service focus and ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders
• Exceptional interpersonal and consensus building skills
• Project management experience and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Familiar with project management software, such as Asana, is also an asset
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Firm grasp of the different digital touch points, drive highly effective digital campaigns, enhance user experience, and deliver on digital objectives
• Proficient in modern demand generation and patient acquisition channels and when to deploy each type of tactic for maximum ROI
• Agile Certification or experience working within an Agile marketing organization is a plus
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and Data Studio
• Ability to adjust to changing goals and new priorities
• Health care experience or agency
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, matrixed organization
• Understanding of standard KPIs and the use of data to optimize engagement
• Experience tracking budgets
• Ability to achieve results and maintain highly collaborative, collegial and productive relationships within large complex organization
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related course of study.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of experience working in marketing or public relations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Marketing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.