Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9880
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs computerized treatment planning for patients undergoing external beam, high-dose-rate, and low-dose-rate brachytherapy treatments in coordination with radiation oncologists.
1. Fabricates treatment aids
2. Measures patient doses using thermoluminescent dosimetry methods and materials.
3. Perform QA on dosimetry procedures according to standard procedures
4. Provide dosimetry instruction for radiation therapy students and residents.
5. Provide technical and administrative support for brachytherapy procedures, including but not limited to, source receipt, preparation, and disposal.
6. Uses computerized treatment planning system to prepare radiation treatment plans modifies treatment plans as needed to accommodate unforeseen limitations and/or changes that may occur during the course of treatment. Interfaces with the appropriate medical staff on planning approach and data gathering
● Bachelor’s degree in a scientific technical field (i.e. Radiation Therapy Technology, Physics, Math) or graduation from a school of Medical Dosimetry or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
● Certified by Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) and credentialed as Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD), OR Board eligible by MDCB (certification must be completed within one year of eligibility)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If graduation from Medical Dosimetry school: No prior experience required.
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of health care experience.
● If Associate's degree, must be a registered radiation therapist and four (4) years of experience in medical dosimetry working under the supervision of a Certified medical dosimetrist or medical physicist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Radiation Oncology
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.