Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9526
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator, Brand Strategy will report to the System Director, Brand Strategy. This role will support initiatives related to brand activation, governance and future brand positioning for UNC Health. You will assist with efforts to increase internal and external organizational awareness, and improve preference and overall market share for the health system. This person will lead the execution of brand marketing campaigns, including working with internal resources and/or agencies on creative concept, media buys and digital activations. This person will also collaborate with consumer insights to understand performance data and inform campaign optimization as well as analyze metrics results and KPIs.
• Oversees brand governance inquiries and responds within a timely manner.
o Manage brand inbox requests for input, review and approvals
• Uses agile framework to execute iterative brand marketing campaigns and projects.
• Responsible for using logo builder and other software programs to develop basic creative elements in support of the brand department.
• Provide the necessary project management and operational support to the Director, Brand Strategy and the wider marketing team as necessary
• Support the ideation and implementation of brand messaging & strategy
• Support the Director, Brand Strategy in growing the UNC Health brand, leveraging branded content creation, site experience and inclusion of brand messaging across all channels
• Identify new content ideas and manage the implementation, production, and distribution of the created content
• Facilitate alignment and consistency across marketing functions to create brand synergy
o Work collaboratively across department teams including marketing and branding, marketing technology, consumer insights, integrated communications and community engagement.
• Create and manage project documentation which may include project plans, briefs, scope of work, timelines, roll up reports, decision logs and more
• Update and distribute weekly status reports and daily hot sheets; input project data
• Route jobs through various departments, in the proper routing sequence, while ensuring approvals of all parties, as well as alignment with established brand workflow
• Communicate across multiple departments regarding progress of jobs, workflow, timeliness and challenges • Coordinate with appropriate internal stakeholders and with vendors as needed
• Prepare internal meeting agendas to initiate projects and assist in conducting internal meetings
o Capture, summarize, communicate, and distribute meeting notes/next steps immediately following critical meetings and at least 24 hours following any non-critical internal meeting
• Participate in department-wide initiatives as needed including major events and crisis communications
Desired Experience and Skills
• Self-starter and takes initiative
• Multi-tasking and detail oriented to meet timelines • Proven track record in collaboration and building partnerships
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence, follow through, and drive results
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel & PowerPoint)
• Functional proficiency in graphic design applications, especially logo building software
• Ability to be resourceful and solution oriented
• Must be a self-starter with stellar writing and communication skills
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related course of study.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of experience working in marketing or public relations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Marketing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.