Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9785
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Facilities Operations Coordinator provides assistance with managing daily facility operations for the Wellness Centers. This position functions as the manager of the facility during morning and evening shifts. This position coordinates area directors to manage safety requirements, equipment maintenance, contracts and coordination with vendors.
1. Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Centers. Manage and coordinate contract service vendors. Ensures assigned areas are maintained in a safe, clean, presentable manner. Coordinates with the Facility Operations Director while acting as the on-site liaison between the area managers and members.
2. Establishes and maintains safety compliance at assigned facilities with regard to state and federal regulations, safety guidelines and requirements. Analyzes and resolves quality and customer service issues; identifies trends; recommends improvements. Inspects facilities and conducts safety surveys and audits. Consults with staff and members for adherence to safety principles and protocols. Discusses findings and recommendations with the responsible individuals. Prepares a written report of the findings, including recommendations and required corrective actions. Ensures appropriate follow-up.
3. Develop and update the facility operational manuals for the Facility Operations department. Coordinate and perform training for Wellness Center staff members, in regards to safety and compliance.
4. Serving as point person for all complex customer service and administrative issues. Interpreting and communicating policies/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the organization and departmental guidelines. Routinely providing guidance and direction to lower-level staff. Collaborate with area managers for staff scheduling. Makes necessary staff schedule coverage changes as needed. Ensures that classes and events are set up properly and on time.
5. Assists with fitness software management (CSI) database to ensure accuracy and compliance. Responsible for executing regular software updates and training area managers and staff on new enhancements and features of CSI.
6. Assists with development, preparation and management of facility operations budget and capital equipment replacement budget. Identify opportunities for controlling expenses and collaborate with Facility Operations Director to implement related strategies. Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
● Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
● Certified Pool Operator certification within 6 months of hire
● American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification within 6 months of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
● If high school diploma/GED, ten (10) years of experience in a fitness, wellness, or customer service related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Northwest Cary Wellness Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.