Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9971
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
With limited supervision, this individual will perform ancillary tasks that allow radiologists to focus on their primary clinical duties.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides assistance to reading radiologist with all types of communication efforts both internal and external
3. Serves as point person to coordinate and communicate with referring physicians, radiologists, technologists, and offices as directed
4. Directs radiologists daily workflow, plays integral role in interruption management
5. Manage STAT/ preliminary reports including supporting reading radiologists. Coordinate communications with referring physicians. Call STAT results as directed
6. Monitor and manage the list of studies to be read and signed. Follow-up when needed to ensure late or overdue exams are escalated and interpreted
7. Direct code strokes and other codes to the appropriate radiologist
8. Assist with image requests and imports as directed
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 2 years of healthcare experience in a hospital or outpatient setting
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must have strong organizational, decision making, problem solving and communication skills. Must be able to function independently and must posses the ability to multitask. Must have a thorough understanding of medical terminology
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Radiology Supp Salary Exp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.