Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10121
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
1. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
2. Coordinates preparation of departmental budget and financial reports, makes recommendations for capital
purchases and provides financial justifications and operational reasoning for proposals. Submits necessary financial
information to Director.
3. Leads department supervisory team and assists supervisors in development and implementation of a workplan(s) for assigned areas of responsibility.
4. Evaluates individual staff member performance and provides ongoing coaching/mentoring/counseling as required.
5. Investigates variances, recommends/implements solutions and tracks actions to correct. Communicates
necessary changes to Director.
6. Maintains accountability for budgetary resources for assigned area of responsibility. Reviews monthly reports to
monitor units, expenses and revenue.
7. Develops and implements policies/procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
8. Acts as a resource for regulatory compliance issues. Develops solutions for corrective action to improve instances
9. Coordinates, leads and participates in performance improvement activities for assigned area of responsibility.
10. Investigates variances, recommends/implements solutions and tracks actions to correct. Communicates necessary changes to Director
● BS Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, or Biologic Science. A four- year degree is required for Managers of non-testing areas.
● Medical Technologist (MT) certification by the ASCP Board of Certification. Certification not required for non-testing areas.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of previous management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write correspondence, which conforms to, prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.