Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9773
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with assigned unit or department to ensure work is accomplished timely and effectively. Partner with other colleagues outside of assigned area as needed for professional resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Instructs, prepares and pre-assess patients for stress testing and /or cardiovascular monitoring devices.
3. Monitors stress scope for electrocardiographic irregularities and monitors patient for blood pressure response and symptoms to assist physician during test and recovery.
4. Observes scanner screen to identify irregularities in patient cardiac patterns and verifies data to printout for interpretation by the physician.
5. Analyzes and processes information from patient diaries or teletransphonic transmissions that correspond to symptom and drug therapy for interpretation by the physician.
6. Edits and forwards final test results to referring physician offices.
7. Maintains all equipment associated with stress testing and cardiovascular monitoring devices, institutes trouble shooting measures, recognizes equipment malfunctions and communicates with service engineers.
8. Maintains department ledgers and files with patient charges and department revenue.
9. Provides backup for EKG as needed.
10. Provides backup for venous access if competency completed.
● High school diploma or GED
● CCT Preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of Cardiovascular or allied health experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex HeartandVascular Diagnosti
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.