Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9980
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is highly technical work in providing circulatory support for patients undergoing open-heart surgery and long-term cardiac and pulmonary support such as extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation and ventricular assist through mechanical assistance. Employees work independently under the general supervision of the Chief Perfusionist.
1. Assists surgeons and anesthesiologists in the operating room during open-heart surgery to maintain all patient temperatures and pressures as directed by physicians.
2. Cleans equipment and has it serviced for any malfunctions observed.
3. Contributes to continuous quality improvement which focuses on customer satisfaction, outcomes, and cost
4. Provides patient and support staff training related to ancillary equipment.
5. Reviews patient's history, physical and heart catheterization data prior to surgery to determine appropriate circuit required. Maintains the perfusion record during each case.
6. Sets-up, processes, and disposes of cell saver supplies as outlined in the perfusion manual for autotransfusion.
● Graduation from an accredited school of Perfusion Technology.
● Certified Perfusionist or eligible to be certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
● BLS required
● North Carolina Perfusion License or Provisional License required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex CVOR
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.