Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9994
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides and teaches diagnostic procedures in the field of radiologic imaging. Maintains knowledge concerning radiation protection and safety in addition to general and electrical safety, infection control, TB and standard precautions. Prepares for and assist the radiologist in completion of intricate radiographic procedures. Prepares and administers contrast media and medications in accordance with state and federal regulations. Preforms patient assessments and provides patient care. Evaluates the appropriateness of examination and assess the quality of radiographic images.
1. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all aspects of General Diagnostic Radiology, is familiar with and adheres to Departmental Protocols and Policy and Procedures of UNC Healthcare System, obtains RT(R) credentials and maintains """"Active Status"""", using technical knowledge and ability to assist in actively troubleshooting work unit problems with respect to equipment and protocols, enthusiastically shares knowledge with employees and students in the work unit.
2. Ensures that patient demographic, emulsion markers, and examination requested are correct, critiques, orients and saves all pertinent images, transmits QA-ed images to PACS, ensures that all images reach PACS, documents completion and/or cancellation of all procedures in RIS, documenting comments when appropriate, maintains image management equipment, reporting any equipment problem to appropriate resources, utilizes PACS and HIS system for obtaining additional study data.
3. Performs work in a timely manner, performs quality radiographic images on a consistent and on-going basis, analyzes request and draws appropriate conclusions for examination and action plan, reviews radiographic orders and images and correlates patient demographic information, ensuring accuracy of information, reviews daily schedule and/or status of patients waiting in department for examinations, maintains a clean and safe work environment, documents incidents and advises area supervisor of improvement opportunities for the work unit.
4. Uses RIS,CIS,PACS and SMS effectively and appropriately to access information and document status of procedures, modifies all necessary orders for appropriateness, completes exam in RIS System, QC's and transmits information to PACS, verifies that all information has arrive properly into PACS.
5. Verifies patient identity, obtains patient history relevant to examination order, verifies pregnancy status before administering ionizing radiation, assesses patients physical condition and develops an action plan for performing examination, assesses patients condition to determine if additionally medical personnel and or equipment is needed and takes appropriate action, assists patients that require extra attention, reacts to emergency situations, insures patient safety.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. (Registry eligible candidates must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.) Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Express Care Holly Springs
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.