Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10276
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with assigned unit or department to ensure work is accomplished timely and effectively. Partner with other colleagues outside of assigned area as needed for professional resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides or assists with personal care and activities of daily living such as bathing; skin, hair and mouth care; grooming; and linen change.
3. Performs light housekeeping tasks, which facilitates patient/client self-care in the health care setting.
4. Reports in a timely manner according to the plan of care, observed changes in the patient's physical, mental, social and environmental status, and changes in frequency of patient visit's. Reports any changes of patient condition to the CM in a timely manner.
5. Prepares nutritional meals following prescribed diets, and assists patient/client with eating when necessary.
6. Assists with patient transfers, ambulation, and prescribed exercises utilizing assistive devices as directed by clinical staff.
7. Performs incidental household services, which are essential to the patient's care at home.
8. Only provides care that is listed on the HHA POC. Communicates with CM and/or TL need for changes on the HHA POC to meet the needs of the patient.
● Completion of an accredited nursing assistant training program
● Nurse Aide registry with the Department of Facility Services
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous nursing assistant training preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions/directions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNC HH Raleigh Branch HH Aids
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.