Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9560
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures accurate coding, recording and reporting of financial data for the UNC Health Care. Monitors accounting activity to ensure adherence to budgets and other regulatory requirements.
1. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning.
2. Manages specific funds including preparing all reports, explanations, and schedules. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
3. Monitors accounting transactions for accuracy and consistency. Reconciles data from subsidiary systems to General Ledger.
4. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate. Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets, goals and objectives.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB and FASB. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
6. Processes journal entries including approval and correction of entries
7. Supervision - Reviews work of subordinate staff
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of experience in accounting.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience in accounting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.