Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9939
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a principal role in designing, implementing and managing multiple departmental business systems for a centralized business function of UNC Health Care. Functions as primary liaison with managers, users, and information systems to facilitate resolution of systems and applications problems.
1. Conducts financial/operational analysis for departmental and institutional planning and process improvement. Identifies through data analysis, opportunities for improvement in business or application processing.
2. Documents detailed business processes and associated application processing. Assists in development of detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
3. Formulates/defines scope and objectives for multiple operational systems development and implementation. Collaborates with managers, information systems and finance in defining needs and implementing systems and interfaces. Devises or modifies procedures to solve application problems.
4. May supervise support staff who are responsible for single departmental systems or aspects of multiple systems. Provides guidance and expertise for problems referred from staff. Hires. evaluates, trains, counsels and disciplines staff
5. Oversees the definition, modification and maintenance of the configuration of multiple systems and applications to continually meet the operational requirements of the department's business function.
6. Provides business process and application support to users. Analyzes and interprets program or system problems and coordinates resolution. Communicates as necessary with vendors and Information Services to resolve problems.
7. Provides training for users, providing tips and techniques of using systems applications for desired results. Coordinates employee training for new system implementation. Assists with workflow modifications.
8. Represents department and participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals/objectives
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information System Management, Math/Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Care Access & Svcs Integration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.