Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9541
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
Cashiering Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the handling, balancing, and deposit of all funds, generated from providing UNC Healthcare services, complying with
UNCHCS corporate policies, departmental policies, HIPAA and regulatory agency guidelines
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. May disburse petty cash, parking coupons, phone cards, cash vouchers, and patient valuables
2. May prepare annual inventory of unclaimed valuables and their subsequent submission to the State.
3. Prepares funds for bank deposit and makes deposit.
4. Processes payments, refunds, deposits, and check requests. Issues receipts.
5. Provides reconciliation of transactions completed, making sure all funds received balance with receipts issued.
6. Records transactions on appropriate account record. Ensures that all information required by regulatory agencies and billing entities is
properly recorded on all documents and is processed in accordance with UNCHCS protocols
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Cashiering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.