Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10433
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under direction of manager, works collaboratively across the corporate and community relations team, part of the communications and marketing department, to plan and execute tactics that build an affinity for the brand in diverse communities and settings.
1. Coordinates attendees and ensures coverage at community events and engagements, corporate functions and assets with community outreach initiatives, including coordinating volunteers and staffing.
2. Plans and executes creative, interactive activities at corporate and community engagements. Activates sponsorship fulfillment and ensures that deliverables are met by deadline. Participates in timely post-engagement communication and evaluation. Monitors promotional assets, safeguarding the brand and ensuring logo integrity.
3. Collects content for the social media team. Contributes to positive public relations, seeking out content opportunities to promote and engage.
4. Analyzes data and produces regular reports for department leadership. Assists with tracking, program budgets, invoicing and inventory.
5. Participates in department-wide initiatives as needed including major events and crisis communications.
● Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 7 years experience in community relations, public relations or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written, as well as possess excellent listening skills. Needs to be able to work with internal and external stakeholders of all levels and manage multiple projects and vendors at once. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and ability to manage databases and budgets. Must possess a creative, can-do attitude and an ability to navigate unforeseen issues with a clear, level head and positive outlook.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Marketing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.