Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9319
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator works with the Marketing leadership to provide an exceptional communications and marketing program for assigned areas. This position is responsible for developing integrated, comprehensive communications and marketing materials which includes both inward-facing and outward-facing communications. This person organizes communications efforts across the assigned functional areas to achieve synergy. This position works in collaboration with marketing leadership to lead communications and marketing initiatives.
1. Serves as a marketing leader of multiple area-specific division/strategic services, and develops annual marketing plans and budgets based on organizational and volume goals.Works with outside agencies to plan and approve advertising buys and schedules, develop advertisements and videos.Writes content for website and works with interactive coordinator to develop social media and interactive strategies to compliment marketing plan. Uses quantitative measurement tools to track and report on results.Writes content for print materials, newsletters, brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, internet promotions, videos and ad copy for print and broadcast media. Collaborates with vendors and internal team on design and dissemination. Works with media relations manager and public relations firm to create press releases and media advisories; identifies potential stories to pitch.Works with internal communications to educate co-workers about service line initiatives.
2. Manages marketing expense budget for assigned service line. Manages and coordinates hospital and community events in support of marketing plan. Serves as a representative of UNC Health at various community sponsored events.Develops customer relationship management (CRM) campaigns and tracks and reports on results. Supports and develops communication strategy for service line/physician CME programs. Serves as on-call media contact on scheduled basis. Coordinates media requests in cooperation with media relations manager.
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related course of study.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of experience working in marketing or public relations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Marketing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.