Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9898
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Admin. Director of Family Medicine is responsible for planning, organizing and directing of the clinical operations and staff of the Department of Family Medicine.
1. Develops and sustains an environment in all Family Medicine clinical services that supports excellence and innovation in clinical practice, patient care, and teaching through assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programs and standards that support positive patient outcomes. Forms a dyad relationship with the Medical Directors of each clinical service to ensure optimal outcomes and continuous improvement and innovation. Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/ clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality.
2. Ensures that clinical service lines develop and submit budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation. Reviews appropriate financial reports and makes appropriate modifications to reduce costs associated with supplies, staffing, service agreements and/or identifies sound alternatives for purchasing equipment and supplies.
3. Performs a variety of staff management functions including the interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling and terminating of assigned management and support staff. Ensures effective recruiting, coaching, mentoring, support, and consulting processes are used across the clinical operation in accordance with UNC Health policies and procedures. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff, and to learning. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision-making. Serves as role model in professional behavior and leadership skills, problem-solving ability and interpersonal skills.
4. Recommends and/or develops new programs and services to meet the primary care needs of patients and families in the Family Medicine service area. Develops rural and employee health service lines and other clinical contractual services to supplement and diversify clinical income streams in accordance with the Department of Family Medicine’s mission, vision, and strategic plans.
5. Contributes to and leads the Department of Family Medicine’s Lean Value Stream Improvement Plans consistent with the Department’s mission and UNC Health strategic initiatives. Ensures development and implementation of unit specific standards, policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care and services; continuously assesses and improves assigned departments’ performance while enhancing service. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Monitors quality of work product for all clinical service lines. Maintains familiarity with and oversees managers’ and service lines’ compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Master’s degree in business or health care administration or an appropriate related discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.