Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7421
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Nurse Educator need for Interventional Radiology and Imaging Nursing to coordinate staff development and educational needs of departments. This is an advanced level position in education, which is performed under minimal supervision. Assignments may be characterized as those requiring collaboration to address staff educational needs within Interventional Radiology & Imaging Nursing.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing oversight of orientation of new staff, implementation of evidence-based practice, documentation review/audit, development of department competencies/policies and procedures, participation in process improvements, provides continuing education opportunities for staff, and coordinates staff in-services. Serves in a lead capacity over others as it relates to special projects or subject matter expertise. Daily accountability to the Vascular Interventional Radiology & Imaging Nursing Director and department leadership.
Coordinates staff development and educational needs of surgical services staff, patients, and families. This is an advanced level position in education, which is performed under minimal supervision. Serves in a lead capacity over others as it relates to special projects or subject matter expertise.
1. Assigns and delegates preceptor responsibilities. Assures new staff are assigned preceptors for orientation. Assesses effectiveness of preceptors in teaching. Determines learning needs of preceptors and provides guidance to preceptors to improve teaching skills. Assesses progress in meeting goals of orientation and assimilation into unit/clinic.
2. Coordinates staff development for staff, patients. Performs learning needs assessment of staff on unit or clinic annually and bases educational programs on identified needs. Identifies learning needs through specific patient care issues, staff requests and new or revised policy and procedure introduction. Assists staff in patient/family education through identification of complex patient needs or changes in technology.
3. Develops educational materials. Develops educational materials, self-instructional programs and teaching protocols for staff related to identified learning needs of staff for specified patient populations. Develops or compiles materials for patient education. Assists staff in development or update of materials for patient/caregiver education related to specific needs. Assists staff in development of teaching protocols.
4. Develops standards of care for specified patient population. Leads unit or clinic-based clinical practice group to develop and/or revise standards of care for specific patient populations. Assists staff in the development of nursing care plans for specific patient populations. Facilitates implementation of care plans in clinic or unit Assists staff in identifying patient needs and coordination of care towards goals.
5. Provides learning opportunities for staff. Arranges inservices based on learning needs of staff using institutional resources to meet identified learning needs and to teach new procedures, policies and new technology. Uses a variety of strategies and media to provide new information to staff Coordinates annual competency assessments of staff.
6. Serves as a clinical resource and role model. Provides clinical supervision to staff in developing clinical knowledge, skills and abilities. Precepts selected staff with identified learning needs. Demonstrates clinical competence in patient care.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in a clinical position within an operating room required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Vascular Admin Svs-Meadowmont
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.