Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9523
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: This individual performs a variety of administrative functions to address the needs of the Oncology faculty and staff for basic research and clinical administrative support. Position is responsible for answering the main hematology telephone line and route callers appropriately. Work involves a variety of functional activities that support business and records administration, planning, information processing, decision-making, communication. Individual requires knowledge of policies, procedures, and information systems to disseminate information. Administrative functions include coordinating domestic and international travel, processing expenses, copying, filing, slide presentation and other administrative functions. There are several components to this position within the Hematology Division responsibilities also include coordination and management of department seminar’s, processing internal paperwork, follow up on tasks and faculty Outlook calendar management. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities is essential to the position. The selected candidate must possess proven ability to use tact and courtesy in performing public contact and communication duties that may be sensitive in nature. Work knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is required, with proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint being a necessity. The candidate must also have strong typing skills, great attention to detail, teamwork habits, strong customer service skills, problem solving skills, strong and proven initiative.
Must be able to work efficiently in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Knowledge of EndNote and Reference Manager a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook calendar, MS Excel and MS word necessary in order to perform job. Strong organizational skills as well as telephone/email communication skills required. Previous experience with presentation preparation, analysis, problem solving, coordinating, and managing records.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Associate's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.