Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10641
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Information Services Division (ISD) Recruiter consults with ISD and Talent Acquisition Leaders to determine hiring needs, and appropriate recruiting solutions. Responsible for developing relationships with ISD Managers and Leaders in order to create strategic recruiting plans. This role is responsible for the facilitation of the entire recruiting cycle including sourcing, interviewing and making offers. Also the position is responsible for facilitating and deploying creative advertising and social media initiatives in furtherance of filling ISD needs.
1. Recruiting Strategy: Designs and implements overall recruiting strategy. Assists in the development of client specific recruiting strategies and advising hiring managers on practices that support the goals and direction of the organization.
2. Sourcing & Offers: Partners with hiring managers to convey a clear understanding of position requirements for l positions so that sourcing efforts are directed to candidates with the right skill mix necessary for the position. Researches and sources candidates through search techniques and developing internal and external search strategies per position assignment. Utilizes advanced creative sourcing and recruiting techniques to attract passive and active candidates, including minority candidates. Provides offer recommendations to hiring departments based on institutional policy, market data and internal equity. Extends and negotiates formal offers. Demonstrates awareness of salary trends and brings relevant information to Compensation for review.
3. Recruiting Cycle: Assumes leadership role on high volume and special recruiting projects for UNC Health Care as needed. Screens candidates’ resumes and job applications. Conducts interviews using various reliable personnel selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule. Assesses applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes. Ensures accurate and current records throughout the recruitment process to include tracking of all activity. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Mentoring: Works in tandem with other senior recruiters to develop junior members of the recruitment team and collaborates on system-wide initiatives to improve the overall Recruitment function.
5. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned recruitment analysis. Identifies recruitment issues and assists in developing strategies to address them prior to issue becoming critical. Keeps supervisor informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Two (2) years of experience as a Recruiter.
Prefer candidates that have at least 2 years of direct IT Recruiting. Health Care IT Recruiting highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Strong knowledge of employment law, policies and procedures, and practices. * Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; influencing skills. * Excellent networking skills. * Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively. * Excellent negotiation/closing skills. * Strong selling skills, both verbal and written. * Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment with capacity to effectively manage multiple priorities. * Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required. * Previous database experience required, including candidate searching skills. Internet searching skills * Understanding of general labor market conditions and healthcare workforce.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Talent Acquisition
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville (Remote Opportunity)
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.