Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9919
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of cardiac technical, diagnostic, therapeutic and patient care tasks for patients with cardiac disease using radiological sciences. Tasks performed include radiographic imaging, manipulation of equipment, use of intra-aortic balloon pump, hemodynamic monitoring and recording, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set up and cleaning, and quality monitoring.
1. Assists physicians with obtaining digital radiographic images of heart, peripheral vessels and any other required structures. Appropriately controls radiographic equipment to acquire quality images. Pans the radiographic table so that the physician visualizes desired structures. Appropriately sets x-ray acquisition parameters for cardiac and peripherals to provide quality images. Practices radiation safety by utilizing distance and appropriate protective attire. Demonstrates knowledge of a variety of procedures and techniques and applies these to skillfully meet comprehensive needs of the patient. Anticipates patient and physician needs, alerts physician to changes in patient condition, and contributes to the plan in an organized and timely manner. Demonstrates expert knowledge in the technical areas of hemodynamics, diagnostic, interventional and peripheral procedures including devices and protocols
2. Daily Room Preparations. Performs daily room QCs and notifies appropriate people of variances. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and each procedure. Ensures enough stock on hand to accommodate routine daily case volumes. Conducts in-room inventory and supply management. Is aware of and stores all patient care products according to JCAHO regulations.
3. Data Collection. Documents data necessary for patient records, Apollo reporting, charge entry and image archive. Retrieves stored information from Witt, HeartLab, ICE, and IVUS systems. Verifies data entry on all systems and verifies patient charges for accuracy. Documents complications and variances for CQI.
4. Delivers pre-, during, and post-procedure patient care. Initiates accurate documentation and data entry. Prepares scrub table and preps patient for procedure while maintaining sterile techniques. Preparation of lines and devices for administration of injectable fluids. Injection of drugs under direct supervision of physician, insertion of IVs.
5. Equipment Operation. Operates, inspects, troubleshoots and performs routine maintenance for variety of cardiac catheterization lab equipment. Effectively operates all devices utilized in cardiac cath procedures, IVUS, Combo Map, ICE, HeartLab, etc. Initiates maintenance or service on equipment that is damaged or malfunctioning.
6. May perform lead worker responsibilities such as training and education of staff and assigning work to other specialists and/or staff
7. Operate, monitors, records, evaluates, and maintains patient information. Works in an organized and timely fashion by prioritizing tasks to ensure efficient and efficacious patient care. Meets challenges of case volumes and patient care issues to ensure optimal care and outcomes. Ensures quality and accuracy of reported laboratory data. Reports variances to physician and ensures that variances have been addressed. Ensures all recorded data is accurate and makes corrections as needed.
● Graduation from either a program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health and Accreditation, a special procedures program, an accredited school of professional nursing, or a course training in cardiac catherization.
● Completion of EKG/Arrhythmia course within three (3) months from date of hire.
● American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification, Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification, or Cardiovascular Technician (CVT) certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
● Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Cardiac Catheterization
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.