Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10435
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Auditor will work closely with the Department’s leadership team and multidisciplinary leadership team across the hospital involved in the prevention and reaction to drug diversion. The Pharmacy Auditor is responsible for gathering, interpreting, sharing, and broadly influencing clinical, operational, and financial data important to controlled substances management and diversion detection and prevention across the Medical Center and UNC HCS. This position will also interface closely with business analysts in the Pharmacy Analytics team for data warehousing needs related to controlled substances, including working with the Information Services Division to identify existing data fields that require warehousing and warehousing external data sources.
The Pharmacy Auditor will have specific responsibilities to gather, interpret and share data across the Department of Pharmacy and the Hospital to prevent or detect drug diversion. The Pharmacy Auditor will work within data analytics systems to synthesize large data sets and provide a recommendation to Pharmacy and Nursing Leadership. This position is integral to the safety and compliance of UNC REX Healthcare.
1. Work independently in Excel platform to accurately review, merge and interpret data from multiple data sources (EPIC/BO, KP, Kronos)
2. Perform audits with the intent to detect controlled substances diversion cases for presentation to Departmental leadership and Controlled Substances Assessment Team
3. Detect patterns during audits and follow-up with findings to ensure accuracy and build comprehensive audit
4. Build data visuals that accurately depict findings from audit that are shared with leadership
5. Accurately articulate audit findings in a leadership setting and provide follow-up data if requested a timely manner
6. Manage multiple audits and, accurately and consistently track outcomes in multiple records
7. Recognize and communicate areas of concern regarding controlled substances management discovered during audited process
8. Work with Pharmacy Auditor to develop recurring controlled substances reports, dashboards, and balanced scorecards encompassing key performance indicators and metrics that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making
9. Maintain a broad knowledge of data warehouses and work with Pharmacy Insight Analytics team for data warehousing projects related to controlled substances data needs
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year of experience in auditing.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to work in a team environment•Strong knowledge of Excel•Strong desire to proactively learn how to use new, potentially complex, software to support the team•Strong, detail-oriented, and consistent communication (written and verbal), organizational, prioritization, and project management skills•Provide high level of accuracy consistently•Ability to demonstrate independent proficiency in auditing, data analysis and reporting, and data warehousing
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.