Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10680
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities concerned with maintenance and upkeep of plant related equipment and facilities; maintenance and upkeep of clinical equipment; and is responsible for design, construction and renovation projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers. The director will plan, administer and account for the departmental operating, facility improvement, capital improvement and hospital utility budgets.
1. Oversees all administrative functions related to the operations of Facility Services and Construction Services departments including the following areas: capital budget development and expenditures; operating budget development and management, personnel recruitment, program development and performance improvement, operations and maintenance program development and management.
2. Oversees all operation and maintenance of owned or occupied properties, buildings, grounds and physical plants including the following: energy management program development and management; computerized work order and preventive maintenance program administration; building systems operations and repair, and planning and implementation of utility systems upgrades. Participates and contributes to the organizations use of and involvement in leased properties. Provides complete operations and maintenance service support so that physical facilities (buildings, equipment, machinery, systems and grounds) may operate at an optimum lowest overall cost.
3. Oversees Biomedical Engineering, including maintenance of all moveable and non-moveable medical and electronic equipment on Rex Healthcare owned, leased, or otherwise occupied properties including: service and safety checks; calibration. procurement and maintenance of new equipment, including special medical equipment and service contracts purchased by other departments.
4. Oversees and manages all design, engineering and construction related activity for Rex Healthcare owned or occupied properties including: new facilities development, renovations to existing facilities, furnishings and fixture upgrades, and building interior and exterior finishes. Participates in planning, design and involvement with leases and organizational partnerships with other entities as necessary.
5. Interacts with all management levels of the Rex Healthcare community, Board of Trustees, governing authorities, design and engineering professionals, vendor, trade, and service representatives, in keeping with the established professional standards and practices of the organization.
6. Strives to integrate the combined strengths of of the Facility Services and Construction Services Departments. Primary goals are to build and maintain a workforce that combines skills, dedication and effectiveness in providing quality patient care, co-worker and customer support, life safety assurance, and healthy economics to the organization.
7. Negotiates and executes contracts which ensure best quality for goods, services, and facilities at the least cost.
8. Stays informed and abreast of the best available practices in the field of healthcare facilities management.
9. Implements policies, procedures, and programs within the Facilities and Construction Services Departments which consistently reflect the Rex Healthcare mission with regard to patient care and community service.
● Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering, Facilities Management or Business Administration or equivalent.
● CHC , CHE , CHFM , HCC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Bachelor's Degree, requires ten (10) years of progressive experience in engineering project design and management, facilities operations and management, business operations experience.
● With an Associate's Degree, requires fourteen (14) years of progressive experience in engineering project design and management, facilities operations and management, business operations experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Training: Various training, seminars, classes, technical school training, etc involving commercial construction fundamentals, project management skills, North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR) and city/state codes are necessary. Familiarity with confined space requirements, ADA standards, interim life safety requirements and all applicable life safety codes in accordance with NFPA will be necessary. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blue prints, wiring and schematic diagrams, business periodicals and technical journals, technical procedures governmental regulations, financial reports and legal documents. Basic proficiency with computers, spreadsheets and word processing software. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, preventive maintenance procedures and tasks, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, contractors, sub-contractors, patients, Rex staff and visitors. Standard computer skills in project planning, tracking and scheduling software, basic CADD familiarity, basic spreadsheet and word processing skills as necessary to be effective within the construction management environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Facility Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.