Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10483
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position supervises a staff of ultrasound technologists who perform a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures (invasive and non-invasive) interpret a variety of ultrasound examinations ranging from routine OB/GYN, vascular, abdomen and small body parts to intra-cavity and color Doppler and a variety of biopsies.
1. Identifies and resolves problems using Continuous Quality Improvement techniques. Troubleshoots equipment. Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment.
2. Manages daily workflow issues or patient care problems or complaints that cannot be addressed by technologists. Assists business staff with audit problems, scheduling questions, etc.
3. Manages personnel resources for a staff of ultrasound technologists and clerical support. Interviews and selects candidates for hiring, coordinates orientation for new staff or staff in new roles, develops work plans, conducts performance reviews, recommends promotions, and conducts disciplinary action using hospital and department personnel guidelines.
4. Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures including assessment of patient history, documentation of anatomy and pathology. Produces and summarizes procedure findings. Transfer patient data to storage/network devices
5. Provides regular communications to and from clinical staff and administrative staff by leading and/or participating in weekly team meetings, weekly supervisory meetings, monthly staff meetings and other methods as needed.
6. Reports procedure outcome to appropriate medical personnel. Presents documentation of procedure and findings. Assists medical personnel with invasive procedures. Assist medical personnel in training
7. Submits budget projections to Department Director. Monitors approved budget versus actual to adjust and substitute as needed to achieve cost effective use of resources. Establishes procedures for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies.
8. Trains staff in equipment operations and safety procedures. Reviews work for quality and compliance with procedures and regulations.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, General Ultrasound, Vascular Technology or comparable program.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist or equivalent.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Ultrasound HBOH
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.