Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10747
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position functions as a strategic liaison between the business and Human Resources. As a trusted partner, plan, coordinate, and implement HR activities for assigned client areas to align with the organizational strategy and goals. Responsible for providing advice, coaching, counsel and problem solving to managers and employees. Provide the focal point to deliver human resources solutions in partnership with HR specialty areas. Build and maintain effective working relationships across the client groups as well as within the HR team.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide professional, business-focused HR service to a designated client group. Build strong working relationships based on credibility and open communication. Work with the other HR Business Partner to share good practice, ensure a broad consistency of approach, and cover each other as necessary. And provides input for to the HR Business Partner’s performance evaluation.
2. Provides guidance to HRBP’s on the team and manages the work of HR business partners.
3. Identify individual and collective learning and development needs and provide to the HR specialty area for action. Proactively gain client feedback to support HR specialty areas to improve service levels and alert HR areas where an issue/project may impact other areas.
4. Work in partnership with senior management teams to identify the people implications of strategic and business plans and other developments. Promote new ways of working and agree appropriate local-level interventions to maximize opportunities, support change and manage risk.
5. Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures. Consult and deliver new/amended policies and procedures into the business area.
6. Developing effective working relationships. Provide expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees as appropriate. Equip people managers with tools and knowledge to effectively manage their teams in alignment with organizational plans.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline. Seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources, with at least five (5) years experience as a HR Business Partner. Five (5) years experience in a management role. Experience leading change and change management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.