Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10315
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
The University of North Carolina Hospitals (UNCH) Department of Pharmacy Medication History Pharmacy Transition Specialists (PTS) team consists of advanced pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students who collect accurate medication histories for admitted patients to facilitate admission medication reconciliation in the Emergency Department and throughout the UNC Medical Center. In this role they interact directly with patients, family members and caregivers, external pharmacies, long term care facilities, inpatient pharmacists, nurses, physicians and pharmacy students/residents. Adherence to operational procedures and standard work protocols are critical to their work. This position will be full-time onsite and based in the Emergency Department at the Med Center in Chapel Hill, working an alternating 7-on/7-off schedule (work for 7 days, off for 7 days). Current shift hours start at either 11:30a or 1:30p and work until midnight.
1. Assembles medication histories by consulting patient, family members, outside pharmacies and medical records. Documents medication histories and communicate findings with pharmacy and clinical staff.
2. Communicates patient feedback and requests to post-acute service team.
3. Coordinates meetings, managing and delivery of the patient's self-care items.
4. Tracks and monitors patient status and pending transitions to post-acute care. Engages patients to ensure that self-care needs are adequately met including medication, products and services. Reviews medical records to evaluate the patient's self-care needs. Works with clinical team, case management and other medical staff to achieve patient's self-care goals.
● Completion of a nine-month Pharmacy Technician Program (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Decentral Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No