Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10404
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The University of North Carolina Hospitals (UNCH) Department of Pharmacy Medication History Pharmacy Transition Specialists (PTS) team consists of advanced pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students who collect accurate medication histories for admitted patients to facilitate admission medication reconciliation in the Emergency Department and throughout the UNC Medical Center. In this role they interact directly with patients, family members and caregivers, external pharmacies, long term care facilities, inpatient pharmacists, nurses, physicians and pharmacy students/residents. Adherence to operational procedures and standard work protocols are critical to their work. This position will be full-time onsite and based at the Medical Center in Chapel Hill. The current shift is 7:30a-4p Monday through Friday, however may include weekends/evenings/holidays in the future based on business need.
1. Assembles medication histories by consulting patient, family members, outside pharmacies and medical records. Documents medication histories and communicate findings with pharmacy and clinical staff.
2. Communicates patient feedback and requests to post-acute service team.
3. Coordinates meetings, managing and delivery of the patient's self-care items.
4. Tracks and monitors patient status and pending transitions to post-acute care. Engages patients to ensure that self-care needs are adequately met including medication, products and services. Reviews medical records to evaluate the patient's self-care needs. Works with clinical team, case management and other medical staff to achieve patient's self-care goals.
● Completion of a nine-month Pharmacy Technician Program (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Decentral Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.