Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10461
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Is consulted for their expertise in the clinical or operational practice area and supervises a team and/or program in a pharmacy specialty area.
The Coordinator for Medication Use, Safety and Policy will provide leadership in applicable areas within the pharmacy departments of the Triangle East Region. Primarily located within the Department of Pharmacy at Rex Hospital, this leader will also provide expertise to UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Johnston-Smithfield, UNC Johnston-Clayton, UNC Rex Cancer Center and UNC Rex clinics as appropriate. Maintains medication safety as a core value, demonstrates expertise in medication safety best practices and literature, facilitate strategies to implement and sustain improvements, connect disparate areas to improve safety, and use data driven strategies to create, validate and optimize results. Provide carefully evaluated and evidence based recommendations to support specific medication use practices designed to enhance patient care, patient outcomes and hospital resources. Leads local UNC Rex Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and works in concert with UNC System Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee to promote evidence based medical decision making.
Position will report to the UNC Rex Pharmacy Director of Affiliations and Integrations.
1. Supervises the activities of a clinical and/or operational team or program. Responsible for developing and reviewing clinical protocols and operational policies/procedures in a clinical or operational area. May be the NC Board of Pharmacy licensed Pharmacist in Charge.
2. Coordinates a Pharmacy team's/program's activities and documents progress toward approved team/program clinical and operational goals.
3. Develops and maintains a training program for the team. Mentors colleagues to ensure proficiency of all team members as required.
4. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
5. Provides formal and informal work performance feedback to team members, including the preparation and administration of performance reviews as required. Provides formal and informal feedback to include corrective action when necessary.
6. Manages priorities to meet team/program expectations.
7. Creates and/or maintains policies and procedures specific to the practice area.
8. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
9. Identifies and implements clinical pathway and/or operational process improvement initiatives to provide optimal care while minimizing cost.
10. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners.
11. Participate in candidate interviews and selection. Conducts candidate interviews and selects appropriate candidates for position vacancies as required.
12. Support compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of prior pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.