Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 9376
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst serves in an analytical and consultative capacity providing data driven insights and actionable information to drive improvement, increase efficiency, and implement best practices in revenue cycle operations. The Revenue Cycle Analyst is a key liaison between Revenue Cycle and Physician/Hospital leadership. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will work closely with Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst(s) and a Practice Relations Director to provide financial and operational data analyses to enhance organizational decision-making.
1. Revenue Cycle Analysis - Provides financial and operational data analysis to generate insights that advance Departmental, Entity, and System initiatives and improve performance. Develops and maintains reports, dashboards, and balanced scorecards using visual analytics that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
2. Customer Presentations - Develops and delivers impactful presentations for senior executives, departmental and/or hospital leaders, and/or at meetings with other key stakeholders. Follows best practices for presenting and utilizes correct template and formatting to provide consistent and easy to understand data analysis.
3. Technical Support and Expertise - Leads training and education of end users and team members on self-service reporting tools, including preparation of instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations and procedural documents, in collaboration with Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst. Identifies and keeps abreast of emerging revenue cycle trends, recommending and designing analyses to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
4. Collaboration and Teamwork - Collaborates with both Practice Relations Director and Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst to develop impactful analysis and messaging to assigned customers.
5. Solutions Delivery – Serves as the revenue cycle expert and liaison for assigned customers, developing solutions to operational and billing functions through collaboration with Revenue Cycle departments.
6. Systems Impact – Identifies revenue cycle trends in the data that drive process improvements for revenue cycle, assigned departments, and the system. Completes enhancements that positively impact the health system’s bottom line through increased collections and reductions in the cost to collect.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of experience in revenue cycle analysis or healthcare data analysis; healthcare consulting, or relevant clinical operations.-Experience in health system or private practice revenue cycle or operations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy. Must maintain excellent communications with
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Rev Cycle Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.