Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10911
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Woks closely with management to achieve department goals, foster a cohesive team environment and provide leadership to population health staff. Develops collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including managed care payers, CIN participants, and UNCHC physician practices to execute projects that support population health outcomes. Follow established standards and practices to deliver population health services. Identify and address barriers to population health care delivery and promote efficient workflows.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others
2. Comply with organizational policies and procedures.
3. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including managed care payers, CIN participants, and UNCHC physician practices to execute projects that support Population Health outcomes.
4. Participates in UNCPN and UNCHCS committees related to Population Health and Quality Improvement.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in data collection and analysis. Actively participates in QI initiatives, such as HEDIS, Medicare Stars, PQRS, RAF, VMB, outreach, etc. and offers feedback on reporting enhancements which positively impact population health management.
6. Provides supervision for Population Health Support staff and manages productivity targets to achieve departmental targets.
7. Participates in annual performance evaluations to support employee growth and development. Establish action plans to address deficiencies as needed.
8. Oversees recruitment, onboarding and training of new team members to ensure program growth and expectations are consistent with system priorities.
9. Demonstrates effective communication and presentation skills.
10. Identifies common goals and fosters a cohesive team environment.
● Bachelors degree required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year healthcare leadership experience required. Data management, QI process execution, staff development and training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Supp Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.