Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10598
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for organizing, planning, directing and evaluating UNC Physician Network's professional functions.
1. Responsible for adhering to applicable laws and regulations and organizational policies. Ensure that funds are allocated properly to support present needs and future potential. Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to, develop short and long term financial plans, ensure that sound financial controls and oversight are in place, set financial priorities to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that effectively supports the needs of core programs and staff. Oversee the day to day operations of the organization and ensure ongoing plans, goals and objectives are in alignment with the strategic plan and the budget. Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth. Ensure that organizational metrics are defined and embraced by staff in order to meet funding and contractual requirements and implement processes that systematically measure organizational performance. Using business metrics and performance measures, oversee process improvements and promote a culture of continuous quality improvement. Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by ensuring standardized approaches to services and marketing. Oversee facilities and space to accommodate a growing staff as the organization grows. Create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports the organization's strategy, operations, and data collection needs. Facilitate collaboration across programs and strengthen internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization. Support and motivate the organization's staff.
2. Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with Triangle hospital leaders, system partners and the health Alliance.
3. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates’ responsibility clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches. Leads UNCPN in Triangle ambulatory strategy and initiatives specific to care, experience, quality, value and growth.
● Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business. Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity, Triangle, or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.