Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10685
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The VP of Physician Services supports the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for UNC Physicians Network. As VP of Physician Services, this position provides professional guidance to Executive Medical Directors, clinicians and the CMO on matters relating to UNCPN’s mission to work toward optimal high value patient care while improving clinician and care team experience and engagement. This position will interface with hospital senior leadership teams and ambulatory care leaders to assist with the management and advancement of the clinical practice performance of clinicians. This position will also facilitate improvements in performance on value based contracts, advancing towards optimal patient quality, affordability, and experience while enhancing clinician and staff engagement. This role will be 0.6FTE administrative and 0.4 Clinical Practice in area of discipline.
1. Assists with the management oversight and accountability of clinical services for UNC Physicians Network, including: Ensuring the goals and operating procedures of clinical areas align with the priorities of UNC Physicians Network and UNC Physicians helping to support partnerships with hospital leadership; In partnership with VP Operations, plan and execute annual budgets and personnel management of clinical areas.
2. Partners closely in dyad with VP Operations to ensure optimal patient, staff, and clinician experience while ensuring exceptional quality of care.
3. Manage physicians including: Developing and maintaining standard expectations and performance metrics for all Executive Medical Directors, providers and service leader contracts; Providing supervision of all medical staff; Collaborating with physician and senior leaders to address instances of unmet performance metrics/expectations. Guides professional development of the Executive Medical Directors.
4. Leading Change–working effectively with the Senior Leadership Team to help initiate and manage the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Partnering with hospital leadership to understand their needs and objectives. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
5. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
6. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
Graduation from an accredited medical school; MD or DO Degree is required, as is Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Four (4) years of clinical practice is required. Progressive physician leadership experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Exceptional relationship building and networking skills. Able to navigate a highly matrixed Healthcare System. Knows how to effectively partner with medical and administrative staff and others to improve quality and value of care. Outstanding communication skills. Can express opinions openly and non-defensively. Strong work ethic, unquestionable integrity and character. Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate, and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity. Visible leader who approaches leadership through regular, direct communication with medical staff, senior leaders, directors, hospital leadership and staff. Possesses strong knowledge of the healthcare field including current and future trends, technology and information affecting the field and organization. Ability to negotiate and maneuver through complex situations and resolve complicated problems and issues.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.