Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10828
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Join the Department of Medicine administrative team in support of senior departmental leadership including Chair of Medicine.
Provides the principle office/administrative support to directors. Handles confidential information and uses discretion in dealing with internal and external contacts. Duties include a wide variety of activities that reduce the attention the supervisor must give to administrative and office operation details.
The Department of Medicine has an opening for an Executive Assistant to coordinate our weekly Grand Rounds educational conference, and our Physician Scientist Training Program. The Chair’s office is a fast paced, dynamic administrative office supporting our clinical, research and educational work. Through exceptional customer service the Executive Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of Grand Rounds including communication with speakers, organizing logistics, coordinating the itinerary and actual conference. In addition, the executive assistant will be an integral part of the team providing support to senior departmental leadership which may include on-site support, phone support, calendaring, document creation, travel arrangement and other miscellaneous tasks.
Please include your cover letter with your application.
1. Serves as primary assistant to a Director. Organizes supervisor’s files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information
2. Researches and composes a variety of correspondence, memoranda and reports using office support software packages. Compiles materials from multiple sources into a unified presentation. Maintains confidentiality of information
3. Communicates and follows up with department managers regarding project and report data due to supervisor. Ensures agenda and documents for discussion are distributed in advance to meeting attendees. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
4. Screens telephone calls, visitors and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. Opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed
5. Schedules calendar commitments for supervisor. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials.
6. Monitors and maintains administrative office budget.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of progressive experience in a clerical, administrative or office management role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.