Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10811
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the coordination/processing of all applications for credentialing/recredentialing of practitioners to UNC Hospitals Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff, in accordance with JCAHO, NCQA, and other regulatory standards. Communicates with a wide variety of internal/external customers. Inputs and maintains practitioner data in SMS (PRDOC) and ECHO credentialing systems use of these databases to generate a wide variety of listings and reports. Assists with onsite audits of credentials files by managed care organizations. Assists with day-to-day operations of the office.
1. Coordinates the administration and scheduling of a variety of professional meetings, seminars, or conferences. Coordinates the planning and logistical arrangements for special events. Maintains detailed calendars and records and confirms logistics associated with events. (O)
2. Prepares a variety of office documents, records, reports, charts and graphs. Determines some format, content and presentation. Gathers, analyzes and compiles information into report format. (O)
3. Provides leadership and guidance to co-workers. (O)
4. Responds to inquiries with written explanation by interpreting established policies and procedures. Coordinates mail screening and distribution. (O)
5. Serves as primary resource with internal and external contacts on administration of office program and/or program policies and procedures. Explains program services to recipients or the public and explains eligibility.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of equivalent experience in related field.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of equivalent experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Credentialing Ofc
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.