Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11105
Location: Kinston, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will require that the applicant possesses the clinical evaluation and educational skills expected of an athletic trainer working in a physician extender role. The athletic trainer is responsible for the following functions regarding athletic injuries prevention, assessment, treatment, and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification. The athletic trainer will demonstrate proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment. The athletic trainer will carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
1. Casting and Patient Care- Casting patients, providing splints, braces, crutches and other DME and provide patient education for these items. Staple or suture removal, preparing injections, taking vital signs and stocking and cleaning rooms.
2. Disability Cases- Answering patient clinical phone calls in a timely manner and completing disability paperwork.
3. Patient Education- Educate patients on home exercise programs and therapeutic exercise. Communicates effectively with patients and staff members.
4. Patient Information- Rooming and obtaining the necessary patient information to update the patient history and chart. Reviewing clinic schedules and charts to verify all of the appropriate test results or patient information related to the appointment have been received. Order appropriate x-ray, lab or other medical tests as indicated. Performance of a thorough medical history and appropriate physical examination on patients with appropriate documentation.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) certification
● Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners or license eligible.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as an athletic trainer.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the use of relevant medical terminology.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Ortho&Sports med at Lenoir
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Kinston
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.