Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11127
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS HR Customer Service Center Specialist serves as the first point of contact for Human Resources information for employees and managers who have general questions or issues relating to benefits and/or other HR transaction needs. The HCS HR Customer Service Center Specialist is also responsible for processing routine employee HR personnel transactions with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
1. HR Customer Service Center: Works to resolve general HR issues and questions. Refers complex HR questions to the HCS HR Customer Service Center Specialist Senior. Maintains the HR Customer Service Center database by entering and verifying information by category and issue. Responsible for general knowledge of HR, including but not limited to benefits and recruitment. Assists employees and managers with the use of self-service systems. Provides customer service for employees, managers and applicants and supports all areas of Human Resources.
2. HR Transactions: Processes general employee HR transactions. Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for reporting purposes.
3. HR Program Support: Provides support for HR programs including but limited to benefit fairs, open enrollment, assisting employees and managers with various self-service options.
● High School Diploma or GED.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience required. Call Center and Case Management experience highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Strong customer focus. Provides open positive, mission-focused communication, direction and assistance to all customers regarding policies and practices. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work and follow-up and meet deadlines. Express initiative, teamwork and a good attitude. Shows interest and self-motivation. Maintains knowledge by participating in all educational opportunities as assigned. Assumes additional responsibilities, in a positive manner. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Customer Service Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.