Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10691
Location: Apex, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
*This position qualifies for a $10,000 commitment incentive with a three (3) year commitment*
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a Licensed Practical Nurse for a Skilled Nursing Facility.
1. Performs designated job duties under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
2. Participates in the development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
3. Implements the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific needs.
4. Monitors patient/resident outcomes and reports abnormal findings to the Assistant Clinical Manager/Supervisor.
5. Administers specified medications according to established standards and policies.
6. Documents patient's status according to unit specific procedure.
7. Maintains educational requirements as required by the Board of Nursing.
8. Documents according to federal and state regulations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
● Completion of an accredited practical nursing program.
● NC LPN License, BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SNF Apex
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Apex
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.