Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10453
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Nursing Employment is comprised of a dedicated team of Nurse Recruiters, Assistive Personnel Recruiters, Recruiting Specialists, and an Administrative Specialist. The team is responsible for full life cycle recruitment efforts of nursing positions, in addition to clinical and administrative support roles for the Department of Nursing, Perioperative Services, and Oncology & Pediatric clinics. Nursing Employment supports UNC Medical Center, Hillsborough Campus, and Wakebrook. The Recruiter is responsible for supporting and collaborating with both Recruiting Specialists and Hiring Managers.
This position requires multi-tasking, priority setting, attention to detail, customer service, teamwork, excellent communication, and organization skills. Must have the ability to use various computer systems and programs.
This position is full time, 40 hours per week. It is primarily day shift; may include some hours in the evenings and weekends for recruiting events, meetings, follow-up calls, etc. NC State benefits offered.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Designs and implements overall recruiting strategies. Assumes leadership role on high volume and special recruiting projects for UNC Health Care.
1. Recruiting Strategy: Designs and implements overall recruiting strategy. Assists in the development of client specific recruiting strategies and advising hiring managers on practices that support the goals and direction of the organization.
2. Sourcing & Offers: Partners with hiring managers to convey a clear understanding of position requirements for l positions so that sourcing efforts are directed to candidates with the right skill mix necessary for the position. Researches and sources candidates through search techniques and developing internal and external search strategies per position assignment. Utilizes advanced creative sourcing and recruiting techniques to attract passive and active candidates, including minority candidates. Provides offer recommendations to hiring departments based on institutional policy, market data and internal equity. Extends and negotiates formal offers. Demonstrates awareness of salary trends and brings relevant information to Compensation for review.
3. Recruiting Cycle: Assumes leadership role on high volume and special recruiting projects for UNC Health Care as needed. Screens candidates’ resumes and job applications. Conducts interviews using various reliable personnel selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule. Assesses applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes. Ensures accurate and current records throughout the recruitment process to include tracking of all activity. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Mentoring: Works in tandem with other senior recruiters to develop junior members of the recruitment team and collaborates on system-wide initiatives to improve the overall Recruitment function.
5. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned recruitment analysis. Identifies recruitment issues and assists in developing strategies to address them prior to issue becoming critical. Keeps supervisor informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
● Bachelor's degree required.
● PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred. Recruitment-specific certificate or continuous learning a plus (AIRS, The Adler Group, or other).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one year of experience as a recruiter. Requires intermediate knowledge of employment law, policies and procedures, and practices.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Good oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; influencing skills.
● Good networking skills. Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively.
● Good negotiation/closing skills. Good selling skills, both verbal and written.
● Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment with capacity to effectively manage multiple priorities.
● Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
● Previous database experience required, including candidate searching skills. Internet searching skills.
● Understanding of general labor market conditions and healthcare workforce.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Nursing Recruitment
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.