Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10403
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides assistance to patients and family members regarding establishing arrangements to provide payments for services provided. Ensures all insurance requirements are met prior to patients arrival and informs patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services.
***This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive, paid over a three (3) year commitment. Payment of $1,500 will be made within the first thirty (30) days of employment. The remaining will be paid after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/revenue-cycle-commitment-incentive-program***
Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. (5% pay adder for bilingual Spanish/English speaking candidates).
1. Admit, register and pre-register patients with accurate patient demographics and financial data.
2. Calculate and collect payments from patients for hospital and faculty physicians. Set up payment arrangements. Reconcile daily money collected. Work with collections agencies to resolve balances and/or collect payments.
3. Refer patients to the Manufacturer Drug program as needed for medications.
4. Request insurance authorizations for medical and dental procedures via online portal or by phone. Enters authorizations in various systems. Provides estimates using the passport estimator for future services to help determine patient's liability. Screen patients for charity care, COBRA and Medicaid. Help complete applications as needed. Work with third party payers for copay assistance. Submit forms for prior authorizations.
5. Review and explain claim rejections on patient's accounts. Help resolve patient balance issues and questions.
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience working in hospital/clinical services access or billing and collections insurance.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Assistance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job; Sunday – Thursday; Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill (This is not a work from home position).
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.