Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 10917
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III leads and enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of our analytics and/or interoperability products and services for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III also provides end-user technical enablement and support, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III is an individual contributor requiring limited supervision. This position may be required to supervise others.
Technical/Analytical Development - Develop and optimize technical and/or analytical assets. Reference the KSAs for more details
Application/ End-User Enablement & Support - The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III leads and supports departmental, organizational, and cross-functional central analytics efforts and priorities in day-to-day work. They approach each new opportunity or challenge with the mindset of providing scalable, reusable, reliable, redundant, and recoverable systems and operations. They engage in portfolio review expectations, including technical support request responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include, and are not limited to: own and support enterprise applications (high scale & reliability); analytics community and end-user enablement (required); provision data for user consumption (enterprise assets) as applicable; builds redundant or recoverable systems; guide/research/evaluate build vs buy decisions; prototype/evaluate/build new products/templates; guides or leads performance optimization; fundamental solution to workflow integration; guide/review data asset development; on-call 24/7 rotation, including extended support for application and entity rollouts.
Communication, Knowledge Management & Relationships - The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III collaborates with team members to successfully complete assigned tasks, shares knowledge openly. They communicate in a manner that is clear, concise, and politically and culturally sensitive. The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interoperability Developer III updates management, customers, and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports and/or communications. Data Governance stewardship process participation is expected. There may be frequent rotation to new business domains, and therefore an opportunity to learn about various areas of the business.
Leadership, Mentorship & Training - Leadership and mentorship team responsibilities. Mentors junior staff and analytics community members.
Project Management & Facilitation - The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Inter Developer III facilitates enterprise-level projects and coordinates technical decisions. They provide effective project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and develops analytics to inform teams and guide prioritization. May coordinate with vendors to understand and deploy product roadmap, upgrades, and support.
Additional responsibilities include:
● Streamline data flows and improve data consistency, and simplify complex, fragmented, and heterogeneous data architecture
● Design, implement, and document data models and architecture for Enterprise Data Warehouse to effectively store, retrieve, and access data
● Monitor and implement data mappings of data sources and data movement, and ensure appropriate data quality is always maintained.
● Identify data requirements by evaluating customer’s operational and applications needs, design data solutions, implement, and incorporate data in Enterprise Data Warehouse
● Coordinate with customers, data users, and key stakeholders to develop and achieve various long-term objectives for data architecture
● Prepare data roadmaps and process plans and effectively communicate to the team and other partners within the organization
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then three (3) years of experience is required.
● If a Bachelor's Degree in other field, requires five (5) years of experience.
● If Master’s Degree, then three (3) years of experience is required.
● If PhD, then one (1) year of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires eleven (11) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires thirteen (13) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate Proficiency: You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently.
ADVANCED- Advanced Proficiency: You can perform the actions associated with this skill without assistance. You are recognized within the organization as ‘a person to ask’ when difficult questions arise regarding this skill.
EXPERT- Expert Proficiency: You are a known expert in this area. You can provide guidance, troubleshoot, and answer questions related to this area of expertise and the field where the skill is used.
The following KSAs apply to all HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interop Developer III:
- Technical or analytics skills: Advanced
- SDLC/ITIL/DevOps/Release Management: Advanced to Expert
- Design and Deploy processes, standards, and best practices: Advanced
- Implement, administer, configure, and support software platforms, including vendor relations and project coordination: Advanced
- Team leadership responsibilities: required for all positions
- Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills: Advanced
- Analytics or multidisciplinary team facilitation or project management: Intermediate
- Written and verbal communication skills: Advanced
- Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
The following KSAs apply to some functional domains. Recruiters, please work with the hiring manager to identify:
- SQL: Advanced (required)
- Software/Technical Administration of enterprise tools: Advanced
- Script/code development/Debug and Assist with other's Code: Advanced
- Data structure and Integration: Advanced
- Web Services and Application: Advanced for Platform
- Cloud-based solution development: Advanced (required)
- Healthcare and EHR experience: Min 3 years (required)
- Expert EHR use or build in clinical or research setting
- Epic certifications: Obtain and maintain multiple certifications
- Business Objects Universe development/writer: Advanced
- HANA view creation: Advanced
- IRB Research/Clinical Trails/ Research Billing/Documentation development pertaining to data or application audits on research requests: Expert
- Interoperability Toolset: Advanced
- Data domains knowledge: Advanced
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.