Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11288
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides both routine and special radiotherapy treatment procedures, software maintenance, educational and research activities.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Clinical Software Maintenance Maintain safe and smooth operation of clinical software with minimum down time. Clinical Software Development Develop and implement new or improved functions in the clinical software.
2. Instruction Participate in teaching activities to residents, dosimetry students, and therapy students. Clinical Software User Training and Support Provide adequate training to clinical software users as needed.
3. Organize clinical physics services for both routine and special radiotherapy treatment procedures. Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of procedures. Clinical Physics Activities Work closely with fellow clinical physicists in all aspects of clinical physics operation.
4. Participation in R&D Projects Participating R&D projects that lead to clinical software implementation. Clinical Software Quality Assurance Working together with other clinical physicists to perform quality assurance tests needed to ensure the safety of the software clinical use.
5. Research Support Provide support to research activities when clinical operation permits. Clinical Physics Service Backup Provide limited routine clinical physics services as needed.
Master's degree in Medical Physics, Physics or related field.
Board eligible by the American Board of Radiology.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Three (3) years of clinical experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Rex SRO
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.