Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11324
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Manager, Consumer Experience serves as a primary designer and architect of consumer-centered experiences. The Manager will help grow organizational maturity in Human Centered Design by supporting training and coaching of teams, and by working with stakeholders across the company to co-create positive consumer experience and identify opportunities for tactical and systemic change. Through collaboration with system leadership and internal business partners, they will understand consumer needs, then prototype, test, and deliver high fidelity concepts through to execution.
1. Design Management- Transform ideas, business opportunities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our consumers – establishing needs and goals from the outset, by advocating and driving a user-centered design process. Drive both strategic and tactical research that considers business objectives, for both near-term deliverables and longer-term vision/roadmaps. Lead/Facilitate design thinking workshops, working with multiple stakeholders to drive empathy for the consumer, and identify ways to address un-met needs and create delight.
Design omni-channel experiences that make healthcare and wellness services simple, personal and impactful.
·Manage and build relationships, and collaborate with teams across UX Research, Digital Marketing, Engineering, Business Analytics, and Patient Experience
·Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
·Deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering
·Use quantitative data, user research, and qualitative feedback to inform design decisions
·Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
·Deeply understand business goals, customer needs and preferences, and challenge product requirements as necessary
·Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
2. Awareness and Education- Embed the UNC Health Care experience principles, practices and core messages into New Product and Service Development (NPD); ensure that communication and messaging are consistent across all consumer touchpoints; and collaborate with internal teams to share key findings derived from Voice of the Customer (VoC) and other consumer research studies; ensure a flawless execution of the experience and develop intelligence for continuous and sustainable improvements.
3. Provider and Affiliate Alignment- Proactively work with system teams, operations and marketing teams to understand the experience strategies of and ensure that they are optimized and aligned with UNC Health Care experience plans accordingly.
4. Ongoing Engagement and Coordination- Actively participate in established governance bodies and key discovery and design project teams in order to represent the consumer viewpoint provide regular reporting, identified KPI’s, critical metrics, and project status updates as required to include key outcomes, milestones and deliverables. Partner with strategists and researchers to create personas, journeys, mental models, and other design thinking artifacts. Partner with SEO, analytics, and campaign teams to optimize the user experience across multiple digital touchpoints. Ensure UX and UI design concepts digitally reflect our brand purpose and business strategy. Advocate user-centric strategies throughout the design and content development process.
● Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science from a related field from an accredited program
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires Five (5) years branding, marketing or healthcare administration experience (or combination of the two). Two (2) years of supervisory work experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Consumer Insights
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.