Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10560
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Analytics Developer II is a key contributor supporting, analyzing, and creating information for enterprise wide consumption. The Analytics Developer II will support reporting for quality and other needs from Epic EHR, including data expertise in Clarity and Caboodle data models .Works with enterprise wide business and IT management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves technical problems. Optimizes the performance of enterprise data, analytics, and interoperability tools. Creates testing methodology and criteria. Educates end-users on reporting and analytics tools to enhance decision making and develop business cases to support enterprise wide data, analytics, and interoperability solutions. Proficient in applying established standards. Works independently and coaches junior team members.
The Analytics Developer II supports all levels of Epic reporting at UNC to include report requests, dashboards, extracts, and security. Evaluates requests and consults other teams to facilitate data and information needs of the health care system. Identifies and recommends solutions for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as the troubleshooting process. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. Provides guidance and mentorship to report developers to ensure best practices, standard methodologies, and process are executed.
Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
Functions as a project coordinator for small scale projects. Develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams.
Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation for supporting assigned applications.
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then two (2) years of experience is required.
● If a Bachelor's Degree in other field, requires four (4) years of experience.
● If Master’s Degree, then two (2) years of experience is required.
● If PhD, then no years of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires ten (10) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires twelve (12) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on the job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate Proficiency: You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently.
ADVANCED- Advanced Proficiency: You can perform the actions associated with this skill without assistance. You are recognized within the organization as ‘a person to ask’ when difficult questions arise regarding this skill.
EXPERT- Expert Proficiency: You are a known expert in this area. You can provide guidance, troubleshoot and answer questions related to this area of expertise and the field where the skill is used.
The following KSAs apply to all HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interop Developer II:
- Technical or analytics skills: Intermediate
- SDLC/ITIL/DevOps/Release Management: Intermediate to Expert
- Design and Deploy processes, standards, and best practices: Intermediate
- Implement, administer, configure, and support software platforms, including vendor relations and project coordination: Intermediate
- Team leadership responsibilities
- Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills: Intermediate
- Analytics or multidisciplinary team facilitation or project management: Novice
- Written and verbal communication skills: Intermediate
- Exemplifies UNC Health System values
The following KSAs apply to some functional domains. Recruiters please work with the hiring manager to identify:
- SQL: Intermediate (required)
- R/Python: Intermediate (required)
- Script/code development/debug and assist with other's code: Intermediate
- Software/Technical Administration of enterprise tools: Intermediate
- Data structure and Integration: Intermediate
- Web Services and Application: Intermediate
- Cloud-based solution development: Intermediate (required)
- Healthcare and EHR experience: Min 3 years (required)
- Expert EHR use or build in clinical or research setting
- Epic certifications: Obtain and maintain multiple certifications
- Business Objects Universe development/writer: Intermediate
- HANA view creation: Intermediate
- IRB Research/Clinical Trails/ Research Billing/Documentation development pertaining to data or application audits on research requests: Advanced
- Interoperability Toolset: Intermediate
- Data domains knowledge: Intermediate
- Data visualization software and UI design: Intermediate
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.