Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11450
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care services within the scope of practice for the licensed provider.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Greet patients in a timely and friendly manner and escort patients to the optometry suite.
3. Prepare patients for tests by directing and seating patients at eye testing machines and explanation of those tests.
4. Gather preliminary data for the optometrist through patient pre-test; ask for chief complaint, gather patient’s medical/ocular/family history, measure visual acuity, intraocular pressure, visual fields, color vision, depth perception, blood pressure and obtain retinal photography.
5. Accurately record results of patient pretest into Officemate, the vision electronic medical record.
6. Access Epic electronic medical record to schedule, confirm and update and reschedule appointments as necessary.
7. Verify vision benefits prior to exam. Submit claims for processing following the eye examination
8. Post payments explanation of payment to ledger and reconcile monthly.
9. Answers phones, directs calls and assists with other health center patient needs as requested by center manager.
● High School diploma required.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If graduation from an accredited CoA-OMP or CMA (Canadian Medical Association) training program: One (1) year of clinical experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Three (3) years of clinical experience with direct patient care.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. IT Skills: Ability to work effectively in Word, Excel and various report writing programs. Ability to create reports, analyze data and make sound business decisions based on appropriate information sources. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.