Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10855
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC’s department of Vascular Interventional Radiology is seeking a valuable nursing professional to join the VIR team. The VIR Clinical Coordinator will work with leadership team to facilitate enhanced patient experience, communication, and scheduling.
The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, patient-focused, and possesses excellent critical thinking skills. Clinical expertise related to procedural care, ability to work in fast-paced environment, and exceptional customer service are essential to our interdisciplinary approach. Vascular Interventional Radiology nursing at UNC combines compassionate, complex and intricate care with a wide variety of advanced technologic, minimally invasive procedures.
Our department has 9 state-of-the-art procedure suites and a 16-bed prep/recovery unit.
We provide care in conjunction with: • UNC’s Comprehensive Stroke Program • Level 1 Trauma Center • Aortic Network • UNC Magnet Program
This position is 40 hours/week with 8-hour weekday shifts, flexible Monday-Friday shifts to support work/life balance. The position qualifies for UNC’s generous benefits package including PTO accrual.
1. Responsible for clinical operations of the physician practice.
2. Works closely with physicians, practice manager and staff to optimize workflow efficiency, maintaining quality assurance in a physician practice.
3. Assists Practice Manager in monitoring and adjusting clinical staffing needs to meet patient demand? implements clinical schedule for the practice.
4. Provides constructive feedback to practice manager and medical staff regarding performance of clinic operations.
5. Triages medical phone questions and walk-in/urgent care patients.
6. Keeps work flow on time and assures appropriate patient arrangements.
7. Maintains inventory of medical supplies including pharmaceuticals and emergency drug supplies.
8. Works closely with practice manager in resolving operational and personnel issues.
9. Monitors quality, compliance, and operational standards in the physician clinics.
10. Ensures implementation and adherence to consistent operating policies and procedures within the physician practice.Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements related to Joint Commission, HIPAA, OSHA, and other applicable standards.Reviews patient satisfaction surveys and works in coordination with practice manager to implement corrective action as needed.Assists in all levels of clinic patient care.Assesses the patient and family needs, collecting health status data and identifying patient problems.Documents pertinent patient information accurately and in a timely manner.
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: VIR Prep/Recovery-Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.