Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11178
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs EKGs, venipuncture, and other patient care activities as assigned.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Draws blood work, performs EKGs, completes surgical clipping and prepares patients for surgical procedures.
3. Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patient needs, and promptly responds to patient needs.
4. Performs activities to ensure patient safety needs, comfort and privacy.
5. Assists physicians and nurses with selected treatments and examinations.
6. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
7. Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate person(s).
8. Completes specified Nursing Assistant tasks in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
9. Performs other patient care related duties as assigned by the charge nurse. Changes bed linens, runs errands, direct visitors, and answers phones.
● High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) preferred. Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant Training program and listing with the Nurse Aide Registry with the Department of Facility Services.
● Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I. BCLS and Phlebotomy certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous Nursing Assistant and Phlebotomy experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondences. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Basic computer skills required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Pre Op
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.