Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11578
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs technical work in obtaining Medicaid/Social Security (SSI) insurance coverage for indigent patients to expedite reimbursement for medical services. Positions take the patient through the entire Medicaid application process from application to award or denial. Positions have authority to represent the Health Care System at each of the four levels of appeals when applications are denied.
1. Obtains detailed personal, financial and asset information to determine if patient qualifies for one of ten Medicaid/SSI programs. Completes or assists the patient with completion of Medicaid application. Explains the programs and advises patients of methods to become eligible by rearranging finances and assets. Follows through with applicants to obtain accurate and complete information within strict timeframes. Positions must have substantive knowledge of various rules and regulations governing the ten Medicaid programs. Interprets and applies frequent changes in program regulations to expedite applications.
2. Reviews denials from Medicaid/SSI and researches denial information with patients. Advocates for patient coverage with local and state Medicaid offices to obtain reversal of initial denial. Abstracts information, prepares appeals and represents UNC Health Care System in appeal hearings at local, state (Division of Medical Assistance), Office of Administrative Hearings, and state court to present supportive evidence for patient?s denial reversal
● Associate's degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in a social services or healthcare organization.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of experience in a social services or healthcare organization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Analytical, Customer Service, Direct Patient/Family Interaction/ Hospital/Healthcare Experience, Interpersonal, Report Preparation, Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Medicaid Eligibility
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.