Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11593
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides investigation and resolution of employee relations issues. Provides support analyst functions on special projects. Counsels and advises management and employees on employee relations issues and in sensitive situations, maintaining confidentiality of information at all times. Coordinates functional activities of one or more specialized program areas in HR Services providing technical assistance and guidance.
1. Investigation and resolution of employee relations Maintain a representative caseload involving a wide range of employee relations issues including complaints and issues leading to formal grievances. Develop appropriate employee relations plans and interventions. Effectively investigate claims/charges, review all pertinent facts and information without expanding the scope of the investigation unnecessarily, advise employees and managers on application of policies and procedures to effect a timely satisfactory resolution. Conduct at least one follow up review in every case to determine if the implemented resolution was successful. Accurately document the relevant contacts and issues immediately. Analyze information about workforce trends and utilization, policy and procedure implementation, and compliance with all legal requirements including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FMLA, and FLSA.
2. Program coordination Coordinate functional activities of one or more specialized program areas in HR Services providing technical assistance and guidance. May function in one or more of the following Classification/Compensation systems administration and reporting, Employee Management Services Mediation, Arbitration, Grievance monitoring, Employee Recognition Program
3. Technical assistance Provide support analyst functions on special projects in Recruitment, Position Compensation Management, Benefits and Records Management and HRD. Counsel and advise management and employees on employee relations issues and in sensitive situations maintain confidentiality of information at all times. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of employee relations plans, programs and activities, and redesign program component(s) as necessary to achieve the organizational goals of a full service Employee/Management Services function. Conduct periodic reviews of HR policies and procedures and make recommendation for updates or changes through the Policy Advisory Committee. Review and coordinate Mediation/Arbitration services as applicable and participate in the coordination and evaluation of HR Services training and development programs. Work with mangers and supervisors to interpret and implement HR policies/procedures, federal and state laws related to employment law issues.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of Human Resources experience in Employee Relations to include experience in practical application of federal and state Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws. Experience developing proposed policies and procedures and their application and interpretation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Strong customer focus and communication and interpersonal skills. Possesses extensive knowledge of management-employee/labor relations and principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management. Demonstrated ability to develop strategic, proactive partnerships with organization leaders. Excellent analytical, requirement gathering, problem-solving and project management skills. Superior teamwork skills. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work. Knowledgeable of state/federal statutory laws and regulatory requirements.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.