Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11612
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide innovative analytical insights with large data sets
Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes and improve on/create new feature
Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical teams
Perform various data analytics in SQL, MS Excel, and other data tools, using statistical models or industry accepted tools
Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be used in data analysis activities
Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● None required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelors degree in general field, requires two (2) years of experience.
● If Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If Master's degree, requires no years of experience.
● If Associate's degree, requires eight (8) years of experience
● If High School degree, requires ten (10) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on-the-job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
- SQL limited proficiency
- Working knowledge (limited proficiency) of relational databases
- Understands the importance and has limited proficiencey with leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable, with help.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.