Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11666
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the UNC Health Care System Workers’ Compensation Program. Under the direction of the Program Manager Workers’ Compensation, manages workers’ compensation caseload, completes regular and ad hoc reports, performs data entry, and counsels employees on issues such as return to work.
1. Assists the Worker’s Compensation Program Manager in managing the caseload of all work place illness/injuries covered under workers compensation with the goal of ensuring that the injured employee receives appropriate care, follow-up and successfully returns to work as quickly as possible.
2. Completes data entry into appropriate systems including follow-up visit notes and maintaining days lost and restricted duty. Ensures forms are filed with the workers compensation carrier in a timely manner. Ensures proper paperwork is completed in regard to leave of absence and/or the filing of Family Medical Leave. Communicates timely with employees and Managers in regard to payroll and proper coding of the time record. Communicates with the employee and Manager in the processing of FMLA running concurrently with worker's compensation. Facilitates referral to Human Resources Benefits if necessary for benefits continuation. Works with finance to ensure proper processing of billing.
3. At the direction of the medical providers and Program Manager, assists in the scheduling of appointments for physical therapy, radiology, outside medical providers or return appointments with the appropriate medical providers.
4. At the direction of the Program Manager, assists in the placement of the injured employee into alternative assignment while on restricted duty including communication with the injured coworker and the home department Manager. Should the employee be unable to work in their home department, proper communications is completed with the host department Manager on a timely basis. Ensures proper communication in regards to payroll coding when home department is unable to provide restricted duty. Provides follow-up on a systemic basis with the injured coworker, home department Manager and host department Manager in regards to their work status.
5. Assists the Program Manager in updating departmental reports as needed. Participates in the weekly status meetings with Worker’s Compensation team.
6. Assists Program Manager in preparing for mediation and hearing cases as necessary.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires at least one year of experience in applying the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Thorough knowledge of state and federal worker's compensation and safety regulations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: HR Benefits
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.