Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10900
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as the first contact for visitors and patients to our hospitals by offering premium customer service at the four information desks and front entrances.
1. Assists departing patients and visitors with driving directions, bus and shuttle schedules, valet service, hotel information, and wheelchair assistance.
2. Enters the personal information of visitors to the Women?s and Children?s hospitals, as well as all after-hours visitors, into the system database. Issues Fast-Pass temporary IDs to approved visitors.
3. Greets visitors, patients, and hospital staff as they enter and exit through the hospitals? four lobbies. Answers questions about a large variety of locations and services throughout the medical center, and offers directions accordingly.
4. Maintains various daily hospital census reports by printing and filing copies of such data into the binders at the information desks. Updates discharge, valet, child, and after-hours visitation logs throughout the day and files completed logs appropriately.
5. Performs inpatient discharges by logging into the Transport Tracking system, and transports various clinic patients throughout the hospitals by wheelchair.
6. Utilizing patient inquiry systems and in accordance with HIPAA laws and hospital guidelines, locates inpatient and outpatient information to share with inquiring patients and visitors. Directs patients to the appropriate registration hubs and/or clinics, and guides visitors to the appropriate inpatient units.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Guest Services
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.